Today I will be listing off ten of my happiest moments in my 37 years of life. There were a lot to choose from but this list is one of my favorites. I hope you enjoy!
Ten of my happiest moments, in no particular order.
- November 29, 2004; 4:05 pm – My eldest daughter was born in Naples Italy.
- February 23, 2008, 7:15 pm – My son was born, finally after a month of false alarms.
- The first day my younger two claimed children came to stay with us, I woke up early to check on the other children, since they hadn’t arrived at 2 am and I heard my eldest claimed daughter explain to them that I was ‘Mom’ and they were to call me as such. Though I very quickly disabused them of that notion, they have NEVER been required to call me mom though most of them do now. It made my heart swell so much in that moment. It’s one of the best memories I have.
- The day I raised my right hand and took an oath of enlistment.
- In that same vein, the day I swapped out my Recruit ball cap for a Navy ball cap. Good day.
- The day in my childhood where we hiked across the Sleeping Bear Dunes all the way to Lake Michigan. I loved it.
- Every single Annual Hill House End of Summer Bash. It was a fantastic time. Loved it.
- The day my youngest niece was born and my brother handed her to me before my mother. The only grandchild she didn’t hold first after the parents. Love that little bug. She’s absolutely obsessed with me now and I love it. Though, I am quite fond of all of my nieces and nephews, and most of them love me the same as I love them. Like, my eldest nephew gives the best hugs, despite the fact that he’s an adult now. Bet you didn’t know that.
- March 2, 2021; The day my grandson was born.
- Hogwarts. At Universal Studios in Orlando on my honeymoon. It was the highlight of the trip and I absolutely loved it. My favorite part was Moaning Myrtle in the bathroom and while I have no desire to give the unnamed author of Harry Potter any more of my money than I already have, at the time it was an amazing experience.
That’s all for today my loves. Ten of my happiest moments. Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday my dears. Drink your water, be safe, make good choices, and don’t eat yellow snow!